By: Shawnee Eskridge , Faith based Clinical Therapist Bible Tool: Ecclesiastes 3:11-13 I think we take the word "phase" for granted. Phases are inevitable. Phases are simply a pattern of time or events that happen in a consistent sequence. The phase is guaranteed. The moon has phases and so do relationships. Lately, my husband and I have been revisiting the honeymoon phase of our marriage. It wasn't intentional, but it's a recent observation. We are always working to make our marriage better. A lot of the tips we share here (and across our social media) we practice daily. Lately, we've had a good streak I'd said since April of this year. The highlight I would definitely say was last Monday (June 25th). Terry already had the day scheduled to be off. It wasn't an anniversary. As a matter of fact, we were being moral support for my mother who's going through some serious legal matters. Her situation alone could have cast a cloud over the entire day...
By: Shawnee Eskridge, Faith Based Clinical Therapist Bible Tool: Love, Romance and Marriage Off the top I had a problem for this post. It was an issue I came across trying to address the topic of romance in my marriage. "Romance" is not listed any where in the bible. However, before I wrote this post God revealed to me that the concepts of romance are clearly outlined in the bible. For starters " with love and kindness I draw them to me " and/or " I draw neigh unto you. ". This is my very definition of romance; the things done to bring about and nurture a deep, intimate closeness. I don't subscribe to the given definition of romance. It's specifically the " mystery " and the " remoteness from everyday life " that I take strong issue against. This is not the definition of romance I envision for my marriage. Something so bleak. Romance should fill my love tank in these areas: spiritual, emotional, mental and physical. Be...
By: Terrence Eskridge, Marriage Mentor Bible Tools: Love and Marriage / Becoming The Husband She Needs My wife asked me to define romance. Well, I always pictured romance as flowers, candy and the like. Honestly, I don't have a clue besides the basics. So to me, romance is to make someone else happy by showing them you love them. For Shawnee, I try to focus on ensuring her security concerns because making her feel secure seems to be the most important thing for her. Somehow, romance makes her feel secure. It has been my experience that a lack of romance means an unhappy wife. Shawnee needs to feel loved, wanted and have constant affirmation. I don’t always feel romance brimming through me. I often get worn down by work or other happenings in life. Because of that I don’t always give her the romance she requires just to operate on a daily basis. Lack of romance has caused stagnation and resentment. We had a lot going on in the first years of our marriage. Shawnee at on...
Comments
Post a Comment